Administrative assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. May direct and lead the work of others. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Maintain contact lists
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Order office supplies
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Provide information by answering questions and requests
- Generate and handle reports
- Prepare and monitor invoices
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Organize travel arrangements for senior managers
- Book conference calls, rooms, taxis, couriers, hotels etc.
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Reply to email, telephone or face to face enquiries
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient
- Resolve administrative problems
- Receive, sort and distribute the mail
- Answer telephone calls and pass them on
- Manage staff appointments
- Maintain up-to-date employee holiday records
- Coordinate repairs to office equipment
- Greet and assist visitors to the office
- Photocopy and print out documents on behalf of other colleagues
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 4+ years supporting multiple Executive leaders
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Calendar, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Knowledge of SharePoint and other applications a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply good judgment in making independent decisions and coordinating information
- Ability to handle and manage multiple priorities and adapt to rapidly changing needs and priorities
- Problem solving
Pay Rate: $22k-42k per year
Days/Hours (shift): Monday- Friday(8am-5pm)
*Hours are subject to change depending on workload, must be flexible.