We are seeking a TIG welder to assemble stainless steel products ensuring the highest possible quality at the lowest possible cost, while meeting customer specifications and delivery requirements and company performance standards, in accordance with the organization’s Code Of Conduct and Operating and Guiding Principles, and maintaining a positive work atmosphere by his/her behavior and communications to others.
- Oversee the selection and procurement of materials and equipment required for TIG welding
- Measure and align workpieces using straightedges, clamps, and calipers
- Fill ducts with water/air and submerge in water to identify pipe leakage
- Ensure compliance with established health/safety policies and regulations
- Carry out grinding and thermal cutting operations to obtain various textures and sizes for metal parts
- Oversee the set-up of TIG welding equipment
- Operate power and hand tools such as arc welders, buffing machine, and scrapers
- Maintain good working knowledge of the welding characteristics of metals such as stainless steel, aluminum, and titanium
- Read and interpret welding blueprints, schematics, and codes
- Carry out preventative maintenance and repair of piping systems and metal structures
- Ensure welding operations meet set specifications and construction requirements
- Perform TIG welding on materials such as fiberglass, iron, plastic, and copper
- Conduct radiographic and bend tests to verify the quality of weld.
- High school diploma or similar.
- A completed apprenticeship or vocational training.
- A relevant certificate from a welding association may be required.
- Excellent stamina, strength, and dexterity.
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Sound understanding of welding safety.
- The ability to teach would be advantageous.
- A willingness to learn and work overtime when required.
Pay Rate: $16-22 per hour
Days/Hours (shift): Monday- Friday(8am-5pm)(3:30pm-11:30pm)
*Hours are subject to change depending on work load, must be flexible.