The Turning Machinist is responsible to set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and consumables, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures. Responsible for set-up, operation, and oversight of CNC Turning Centers for production.
- Setup CNC turning centers for production turning.
- Troubleshoot and optimize new production programs to ensure efficient overall production.
- Document new programs and processes to ensure setups can be duplicated and overall production time is optimized.
- Oversee the quality of parts produced in the machining cell.
- To share expertise and knowledge throughout the machine shop and be a focal point for advice on machining operations
- To use skills to protect against potential damage to all machines and in particular to take overall ownership of the machine cell.
- To be proactively aware of work load and plan tooling requirements for future jobs ensuring minimum downtime.
- To make most efficient use of machinery and equipment, including the use of proper feeds and speeds.
- Inspect and deburr parts to ensure they meet blueprint specifications using proper measuring instruments.
- Produce jigs and fixtures that improve productivity.
- Implement daily and weekly maintenance programs on machine shop equipment
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in the progression of training and planned development of all machinists.
- Setup machines on a flexible basis to ensure optimum output throughout the shop.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a basic understanding of CNC machining work and tool offsets.
- Must be able to identify critical blueprint dimensions and instruct workers how to inspect and check these critical dimensions.
- Ability to work on a wide variety of complex parts from drawings.
- Ability to change and adapt work behaviors based on a constantly changing production schedule.
- Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows.
- Must have basic understanding of ISO 9001 and quality principles.
- Must be dependable and detailed oriented.
Pay Rate: $15-21 per hour
Days/Hours (shift): Monday- Friday. 1st shift (8:00am to 5:00pm), 2nd (4:30pm to 3:00am)
*Hours are subject to change depending on work load, must be flexible.